Coverage Access for your Clients
RLI Personal Umbrella Policies & Information
RLI will also be introducing additional rating changes at this time. Highlights to be aware of include:
- A 5% increase on Excess UM/UIM rates, including states rated on a per driver basis. For example, $150 per driver becomes $158 per driver
- Incident surcharge for drivers under 22 and/or 80 and older have increased from $100 per incident to $200 per incident. In addition, this question (question 14 on new business) will be split into 14a and 14b in PUP Access, but will remain the same combined question on the paper application.
- On new business, we have removed the $100 surcharge for a driver licensed less than one year, with a permit, or international license (Question 13). A response greater than zero will continue to place the risk in PUP Special, and restrict to $1M coverage.
- Surcharge increase for households with a youthful or inexperienced operator, as well as an increase in the 80+ surcharge in NY, PA, and GA.
As always, the updated rates will be available by quoting within PUP Access or at www.rlipup.com, and will be in compliance with state-approved filings.
THE E & O QUESTION YOU DON’T WANT TO BE ASKED:
“IF EXTRA LIABILITY COVERAGE WAS AVAILABLE, WHY DIDN’T YOU PROVIDE IT TO YOUR CLIENT BEFORE THIS ACCIDENT?”
RLI’s stand-alone Personal Umbrella Policy can provide up to $5 million of coverage above and beyond the insured’s underlying homeowners and automobile policies, which makes it a perfect solution for hard to place personal lines accounts.
- No minimum volume requirements or access fees
- AIIA members earn 10% commission on new and renewal business (PUP Special commission rate is 8% new and 7% renewal)
- Does not require or desire underlying policies
- RLI is admitted and A.M. Best A+ rated
- Improved submission process for producers
EXPANDED Appetite Criteria (PUP Special)
UM / UIM Coverage
Drivers licensed less than 1 year
Property owned outside of United States
1 DUI/DWI (eligibility guidelines apply)
1 Incident each (drivers 20-21 & over 80)
RLI PUP Quick Guest Quote
Click on Guest Quote to do a quick RLI PUP application. GUEST QUOTE
The RLI personal umbrella is easy to rate, has no underlying carrier requirements, has 3 underwriting tiers, with limits up to $5 million. RLI, rated A+ by AM Best, offers a personal umbrella policy so your customers can protect their hard-earned assets. RLI pays 10% Commission on qualified business! If you have any questions, please contact Tangerie Underwood at (205) 326-4129, ext. 105.
Have You Heard about EPUP?
RLI has an online portal called ePUP. It allows you to complete and application and pay online. However, you will need a login ID and password. Contact Tangerie Underwood to receive your login ID and password. www.rlipup.com
RLI Umbrella Policy Features
RLI's PUP stands atop your existing homeowner and auto insurance to provide an extra layer of personal liability protection for you and your family. With RLI's PUP program, you can maintain your auto or home coverage with whatever insurance company you choose, provided you agree to maintain the mandatory minimum. The RLI PUP program provides the best protection for you and your family. The policy may be written either in the name of an individual, in the names of both spouses, or in the names of two unrelated individuals as long as they reside in the same household. The insured’s spouse and members of the insured’s household who are relatives or are in the insured’s care and custody are insured under the policy.